Create mailing list by selecting rows

jcstanley

Hi

I currently have a table that shows the details of every member in the database.

What i am trying to achive is a way of providing the user with a method of selecting individual users ie.checkbox (and a select all function) to send a bulk email to.

I am familiar with the php mail fuinction but am not sure how to go about this so any ideas/examples would be great. 

Here is the code for what i have got so far:

mysql_select_db($database_psc, $psc);
$query_rsAllMembers = "SELECT * FROM members ORDER BY surname ASC";
$rsAllMembers = mysql_query($query_rsAllMembers, $psc) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsAllMembers = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsAllMembers);
$totalRows_rsAllMembers = mysql_num_rows($rsAllMembers);

form id="allmembers" name="allmembers" method="post" action="">  
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>
        <td class="tablecontent"><div align="center"><strong>Forename</strong></div></td>
        <td class="tablecontent"><div align="center"><strong>Surname</strong></div></td>
        <td class="tablecontent"><div align="center"><strong>Telephone</strong></div></td>
        <td class="tablecontent"><div align="center"><strong>Email</strong></div></td>
        <td class="tablecontent"><div align="center"><strong>Last Logged in</strong></div></td>
        <td class="tablecontent"><div align="center"><strong>Mail</strong></div></td>
      </tr>
      <?php do { ?>
        <tr>
          <td height="44" class="tablecontent"><?php echo $row_rsAllMembers['fname']; ?></td>
          <td class="tablecontent"><?php echo $row_rsAllMembers['surname']; ?></td>
          <td class="tablecontent"><?php echo $row_rsAllMembers['telephone']; ?></td>
          <td class="tablecontent"><?php echo $row_rsAllMembers['email']; ?></td>
          <td class="tablecontent"><?php echo $row_rsAllMembers['login']; ?></td>
          <td class="tablecontent">
            <label>
              <input name="CheckboxMail" type="checkbox" id="CheckboxMail" value="<?php echo $rsAllMembers['email'];?>" />
              </label>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <?php } while ($row_rsAllMembers = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsAllMembers)); ?>

</table> 

If you need more info please let me know

Thanks

I know it is to do with arrays.  i renamed the check boxes CheckboxMail[] and the the $_POST['CheckboxMail'].

but how can i create a string to use with the mail()  eg john@smith.com, x@y.com,.....

just not sure how to loop throught the array.

any suggestion?

thanks

I have managed to get the values of the array and display them on screen!

foreach($_POST['CheckboxMail'] as $key=>$value) { 
$string=("$value");
echo $string; 
}  

But i need to create a string in the format: user@example.com, 123@xyz.com,...etc  and am not sure how to do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ok im nearly there now.

I have the following code which loops through and retrieves the values of the CheckboxMail Array.

$toCheck = $_POST['CheckboxMail']; 
$count    = count( $toCheck );

for( $i = 0; $i < $count; $i++ ) 
{
$value= ($_POST['CheckboxMail'][$i]);

$list=$list." ". $value;
echo $list;
}

The problem now is to with looping. Say i selected 3 rows, when $list is output to the screen i end up with:

john@smith.com john@smith.com example@example.com john@smith.com example@example.com 123@xyz.com

what I need is:

john@smith.com example@example.com 123@xyz.com

Where am i going wrong?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.