Download Mp3

lovesmith

well i have system user deposits certain amount of money with us. They will get a user name and password to download MP3 songs from my site. And each song download deducts the balance from their deposit. My problem is that how to determine that user have successfully downloaded the mp3 songs, so that the system can deduct the amount of the song from his balance. This is needed because..sometimes due to server or may be the poor connection of the client, user may not be able to download full songs after they hit the link. So how to manage these all stuffs. Please anybody help me!

Thanks a ton in advance

Can't you save the info on what user has bought what song, and let them download that particular song in the future too?

Steam is like this, when you buy a game, even if you cancel the download, or delete the game locally, you can still redownload it later on, because steam remembers what games you have bought.

This way, you might get people to visit your site more often when they need their song again, giving you more ad time. ^_^

Can't you save the info on what user has bought what song, and let them download that particular song in the future too?

Steam is like this, when you buy a game, even if you cancel the download, or delete the game locally, you can still redownload it later on, because steam remembers what games you have bought.

This way, you might get people to visit your site more often when they need their song again, giving you more ad time. ^_^

That sounds likes the best idea to me!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.