new blog finished

MikeL

Hey everyone... I just finished(I hope) a blog application in php/mysql and was hoping you guys could give it our famous security checkup. Be gentle, Its been a while since I've done much coding.

http://www.mikelay.com

Cross Site Scripting:

You can submit ">code when adding comments.

You can add blank comments.

I was able to post the following:

"><script type="text/javascript">

function display_alert()

{

alert("your screwed")

}

</script>

and i'm almost positive that someone better than i could make that run.

strip_tags works wonders man

also...

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,186139.0.html

i've done yours, can you do mine?

true, but its running your marquee, the one you put in website.

also, i really really really like the design and the way you have everything work.  i need some help prettyfying a site.  u need something for your portfolio, give me a holler.

Hey thanks a lot guys. I think I patched up the ship. haha..

Oh and that javascript... if you're curious, you need an event handler to trigger it. so like this

window.onload = function { alert("oops"); }

although it would be funnier to make it pop up when someone tried to submit a form and then keep the form from posting.

document.getElementByTagName('form').onsubmit = function{ alert("oops"); return false; }

or for every link on the page

document.getElementByTagName('a').onclick = function{ alert("oops"); return false; }

the return false part prevents the link or submit button from passing to the new page.

anyhow, thanks a lot guys, and spikeon, I'll got you message and I'll take a look at it today and see what I can do. cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.