Working with timestamps

Guest elthomo

Guest elthomo

In my MYSQL database I have a number of records for each user with different timestamps. But all the information on a user is not in every record. So an older record for a user may contain a value in field called date of birth for example. But a later record for the same user will not.

What I want to do is pull the the record and have all the newest information available. It possible to have an a PHP/MYSQL query that will do that or would a better way be to, find a way be to when a user submits new data to take all the data from his previous record and add that to the new record.

My site isn't live so I can change things around a bit to get something that works. 

I hope you guys can understand what I mean. All info and code gratefully received :-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.