PHPbb within existing website framework problems - phpinclude?

willc

Hello all,

I am a noob so please excuse my ignorance.

I have incorporated phpBB into an existing website I'm trying to build.  You can see it here:

http://www.democraticwoman.org/pages/look5/forum.php

The forum as it is supposed to look exists at: http://democraticwoman.org/forum/

I used the "php include" function to basically insert the forum into the overall look of my website.

My first question is: Was it a good idea to use include or should I be doing something else?

Now that I have the forum incorporated, it has, of course, a few problems.

In Firefox, the words along the top of the forum appear twice so there are two "FAQs" etc.  In Safari, the images are not visible.  I'm sure when I look at it in IE later, it will have its own set of problems. 

My second question is: why are the words appearing twice in FF? 

Third question: where are the images?

It seems that if this forum is basically being run from its original location, all the paths to images and so on should stay intact.

Please help.  Glad to include code if that's helpful.

Thanks very much.

Will

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.