Help with PHP

ciforum

Can anyone help with a couple of questions about PHP?

Im not to clued up when it comes to PHP so dont laugh lol. Ive been using Dream Weaver for HTML design for a while and like the fact to can edit the design and the code is writen for you. I have just started a forum and its writen in PHP. Is there any program that allows you to actually see the design while you edit just like dreamweaver with HTML?

I have apache, PHP and SQL set up on my pc but not to sure where to actually start with trying to edit code. :-[

If you have Apache PHP and MySQL installed locally then you can setup a Site Definition (Site > New) within Dreamweaver and you'll be able to see the changes you made to your code when you press the Preview button (not Design View button).

Look at the Dreamweaver Docs for setting up a Site Definition, however the Site Definition Wizard is fairly straight forward.

Well you can edit the HTML code via Design view but your PHP code you'll need to edit it via Code View otherwise you'll get a PHP symbol displayed in place of your code in Design view

if you are starting out in PHP then I would recommend learning the basics of PHP first and then setting up a small project such as a guestbook or shoutbox nothing too big or hard, but it is a starting point. Then as your skills start to improve look into adding more advanced features to your project.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.