Simple errorr Duplicate entry

Yamaha32088

Alright someone please tell me if I am doing this totally wrong and possibly some advice. I am making a database of buinesses in various locations of the united states. I have created one table called Businesses, In there I have created 4 fields Zip code, Business, State, City, They are all VARCHAR(255) not null. When I try to add a new row that has the same zip code it give me an error saying it already exists. I know it exists but I could probably have several hundred businesses with the same ZIP. I am assuming i need to change the type of the field to allow duplicate entries. I would like to know how to solve this and if there is a better way of going about this because I will be adding hundreds of businesses in the same ZIP, STATE, CITY all of them will be searchable from a website. Also how would I set-up a field that is capable of having html inserted so that I can query it and display the html as a working page.

No it was the database when i tried to add a duplicate zip but i figured it out it was because it was set for the primary key thanks for the fast response tho. Do you happen to know how I would add HTML to an entry in a row so that when i query it, it will show up as working HTML in the results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.