I can't retrieve a matching password from MySQL

djw821

I have created two forms one as a registration for which inserts user data into MySQL database and one as a login form to query and match the data for login.  The problem I have is that I can't seem to match the user_name and password when I try to use the login form.  I am Absolutley certain that  I am using the same username and passowrd as I used on the registration form.

Here is my code for inserting the data into the MySQL database.

$query = "SELECT user_id FROM registration WHERE user_name='$un'";

$result = @mysql_query ($query); // Run The Query.

if(mysql_num_rows($result) == 0) {

//Make the Query

$query = "INSERT INTO registration (first_name, last_name, email, user_name, password)

VALUES('$fn', '$ln', '$e', '$un', PASSWORD('$p'))";

$result = @mysql_query($query); // Run the query.

Here it is for the login form

$query = "SELECT user_id, first_name FROM registration WHERE user_name ='$un' AND password=PASSWORD('$p')";

$result = @mysql_query ($query);

$row = mysql_fetch_array ($result, MYSQL_NUM);

But I keep getting the message that The username and password do not match those on file and I am certain that I am usign the same ones.  Can someone please help me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.