No Connect via PHP but fine via SQLyog?

consultant1027

I've got a project where I'm maintaining the website and another group is maintaining the MySQL DB which we remotely access.  We're using the mysqli library in our PHP code.  We've had no problems connecting to the DB.  They removed a user from MySQL, but not the one we use to logon to the DB.  All of the sudden the website cannot connect to the DB anymore.  I can connect fine still using the same credentials as the website if I connect from my local machine using SQLyog.  Obviously they made some other changes other than just deleting one user account on MySQL.  They're running version 5.0.45.  I'm waiting to here back about what other changes they made but it strikes me odd the the website cannot connect and I can from SQLyog.  It's almost as if the website is trying to connect on a different port or something and they closed the port, but we aren't specifying a port in the PHP code when we connect.

Any suggestions as what to look for is much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.