Newbie question - php and SEO

lordradish

Hi everybody. I'm really new to PHP. I just had someone design a website for me and they made it php based, so now I'm in the process of making sense of it all. Other than doing a few tweaks on my wordpress blog, this is all new to me, so bear with me.

Anyways, a question I hope someone can answer. In regards to the header/search engine optimization stuff...

I've heard that using METANAME/KYEWORDS is no longer really the way to do things. I have a header.php file with those in there. Basically , the website is a fansite for obscure films. Each review or article is an .inc file. What can/should I put at the top of each file to maximize my SEO? Since these films are obscure, I'd want to put info such as the film name, certain people in the cast, etc. Or iis this not even really necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there m8.......

seo a web site is not only the heading you need to consider you also need to consider the domain name...........

This is the order off my opinion on seo..........

Title needs to be relating to the main keyword of the web site use the key word twice only beging and ending

Also the daomain name needs to coraspond to the key word...

All meta tag info is needed as it used for other search engines to find you but saying that try to use google,msn,yahho.

Img alt tag is inportant use the main key word only 2 times on the page.

Make sure your description metatag got good keywords relating to the url,title,page content.

The body needs the keyword written more then your compertition.....(other web sites like yours)

Try to use pages that have also your main keyword.....

You can also throw some bad spelling in that relates to the keyword............

Dont use lots off images bots can not read images ........ ( 1 or two only)

Make sure you got out going links more then other web site like yours..........

use a link that holds links add button links banner links and text links..........

Any page you create use the main keyword in it also do this for the folders aswell.....

Make sure all pages from the header link to all other pages that helps...............

Go and advertise via forums,blogs,myspace,facebook ect ect ect .............

Make sure to use the <h1><h2><b> tags to main keywords..............

Also add comments on the page with main keywords............

valadate the html, valadate the css.................

Do all this your get to the top off any search engine.........

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.