PHP Upload Questions

frost

Hi,

I have used a few PHP upload scripts in the past and even written a few but I haven't really thought about stuff like bandwidth before, now I am dealing with some large files and bandwidth may become an issue so I have a few questions:

1 - When I click "upload" on a script there seems to be a few second delay before anything happens, what causes this?

2 - If I have set a file limit to 1meg and someone tries to upload a 2meg file would that 2meg file actually be uploaded before my script finds out that it is to big?

2a - In the above scenario how much bandwidth would be used?

Anything else I should consider?

Cheers!

1. File Size, something has to upload.

2. Depending on if you are using OOP or Classic Procedural coding, it can be done though.

2a. Not nearly as much as uploading it, probably the size of the script itself, unless you use $error = 1 etc constantly and then it might error out sooner, hence using less bandwidth.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.