Dynamic Calendar?

stublackett

Hi,

I'm creating a school e-Learning Database for my project at University and what I'm trying to do is create a Dynamic Calendar

Which updates with MySQL Information

The MySQL Table will be called Events and will have a Date stamp on it

What I'd like is a nice Dynamic Calendar that loads the relevant Events into the calendar and allows you to flick forward a month and back a month, As well as add events and modify events

I've had a hunt around the Internet and couldnt find much

Just wondering if anyone has any code they'd like to share or if they can point me in the direction of a really good tutorial to help me to get going

Cheers

How did you go about doing it?

I'm trying to get the links to month previous and month next to work first

Then I reckon I should be ok

Its just echo'ing some SQL SELECT Queries which I dont think is going to be too difficult, Its just manipulating the calendar to go forward and backward one

What I did was just add two pulldowns, one for the month, one for the year with a GO button.  So you can pick where you want to go and it defaults to the current month/year.

What you can do is have it read the current month/year and have a Previous and Next button that links to +1 and -1 of that month.  You'll have to do some logic to see if its Jan or Dec though to switch years correctly as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.