need some help with php and mysql

dalcacio2007

hello everyone i usually try to google for the answears and learn on my own but right now i'm really stuck...

What i need is to query a database and echo the value of every field in the row and then move to the next row.

now each row has way too many field.  i thought i could avoid specifying $row['field'] by doing a foreach loop since $row is an array... but apparently something went wrong... the values are coming out repeated the output for this is

--(row1)--

value1

value1

value2

value2

... and so on

--(row2)--

value1

value1

value2

value2

... and so on

any idea what could be going wrong?

here's my code

Thanks for ur help :D

<?php
$con = mysql_connect("(ipaddress)","(user)","(pass)");
if (!$con)
  {
  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
  }
mysql_select_db("(database)", $con);
$msqlq = "SELECT * FROM (table)";
$result = mysql_query($msqlq) or die(mysql_error());  
while($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result ))
{
	foreach($row as $field)
	{
	  echo $field.'<br>';//the <br> is just for debuggin purposes 
	}
}
mysql_close($con);

?>

From the manual:

mysql_fetch_array — Fetch a result row as an associative array, a numeric array, or both

The default is both. So all elements are available by their column name and a numerical index. Either add the appropriate parameter to mysql_fetch_array() to get only one set of data or use mysql_fetch_assoc() or mysql_fetch_row().

EDIT: You posted your "any ideas?" comment while I was preparing this reply. If I had seen it before I wrote the above I would not have even bothered with a response. This is a forum where people voluntarily provide help. Waiting 11 minutes before asking "any ideas" is presumptuous to say the least.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.