File Uploading Help.

Jabop

I have a small form that submits a form named 'article' into a database. There is a checkbox on the form that, if checked, will redirect to an upload page.

I have a table in my database for the article, and a separate database for the uploaded images.

Article Table:

ID | Article Name | Article Body

Image Table:

ID | ArticleID | ImgName | ImgExt

If the checkbox is selected, I redirect the user to the upload page. I thought this would be a good way to do it, because the method is different when uploading something. Once they submit the form, and the check box is NOT selected, it submits info to the Article table. If they have the form checked, I want to go to a new page, and upload the image, joining the record on its respective Article ID. However, I am lost as to how to match the last ID of the article (not sure how to get the ID for that when on the next page) to give the image that's being uploaded a record to join on the images ID.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Is this what you need?

http://us.php.net/mysql_insert_id

Yes! That looks about what I need. Thank you!

Another question: Would I have to set it in a Session var to get the ID on my next page?

[pre]

INSERT ("asdf");

$SubmissionID=mysql_insert_id();

/* or */

$_SESSION['logged']['upload']['SubmissionID']=mysql_insert_id();

[/pre]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.