Assigning a task

taz321

Hi

I was wondering if i can get some help on this please.

1) I have developed a help desk system, where a client would login and fill in an blank form and submit it.

2) I would like the systems administrator to assign the tasks to the users.

3) An user would then login and see queries ONLY assigned to them.

How would i go about getting the admin user to assign these tasks.

The tables i have which would hopefully make are -

Employee (the users of the system)

Form (Where clients submit their query to)

Any help would be appreciated

Hi taz321

I am asuming that the client table consists of a unique field marked as a primary key. What I would suggest it to create a tasks table with a field named userid as a foriegn key. When a admin user assigns a client a task, the client id is inserted into the userid field in the task table.

When the client logs in , you then query the tasks table to get all records from the tasks table where userid is that of the client id, this would result in retreiving all the tasks for that client.

Each task should have its own unique id, so that admin or client can view the individual tasks or modify the task if needed by admin.

I hope that helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.