Very new...to this.....

nec9716

Ok ...to be honest i have begin to do a personal web site.

My skil in programation are limited ....I'm able to set a easy script to adjust it to my web site but not to bild one from scratch...that could give you a rough ideal where my skil are ...

so my question is about my F1 pool :

I want to set a web page where I will be able to insert new result ( of a race ) every week

I have 10 person

the script have to be able to make simple math ( - and + )

and display result of all pooler and personal score to each pooler

I don't ask here to have an answer ( full script write ) ....I just want to know if someone can told me what will be the right way to build that ( PHP SQL or simple HTML )

and please if you can tell me where I can find some tutorial to do what i want too..

thank's to every one ..

have a great day

PHP would definitely be an easy way to go. Also if you have mysql it would be even better. You could set up a few tables for your information. One table for your pool players, one for players picks, one for the races, one for the results. each table can be linked and results can be updated right from a simple web form. PHP can pretty much calculate any value you want and from that use the value for anything you like in your script including inserting it into your tables.

You would need to read up on mysql to learn how to setup your tables and php to learn about accessing the tables.

Get mysql and also an admin tool to setup tables and users ie MySql Administrator. Then you could use phpmyadmin to create your Databases and tables.

Ray

Yeah, I think PHP and MySQL would be a good way to go - especially since you're going to be storing information about the 10 participants over the course of several weeks (I assume).  MySQL is a very efficient way to store data that can be manipulated/calculated on, and then stored in its new state.  I agree that you should probably learn the basics of PHP/MySQL before launching into this - but, I don't think it will take you very long to get to a point where you can write the script(s) yourself.

I am doing a large project as well as you are. It has taken me months, and almost through. It has gave me a lot of experience. I learned if you can do some basic IF, ELSE and MySql querys you good have a decent running website.

here is a if statement:

<?php
$user = "Lamez";
if ($user == ("Lamez")){
echo "The user is Lamez";
}else{
echo "The user is not Lamez";
}
?>

You need to memorize your querys.

Just really learn some basics, and you will be good for a head start.

-Good Luck :D

welll first easy step .....table are set in SQL ..

3 tables

- poolers ( name , team name, driverpick, chassis pick, engine pick)

- race result ( location, team ,dirver, position, grid )

- pool result ( name , team name , driver ,engine,chassis)

now ...harder part coming ....php learning ....

I keep you in touch with this part .... ;D

thank's again

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.