Using PHP for dynamic HTML table generation (new to php)

rgfischerjr

New to php and looking for advice on the 'best' approach to setting up a intranet site.  I have read everything I can find on php/pear/templating and have not found an 'solution' that is best.

I have several tables that users can generate queries against.  I'm looking for a way to dynamically generate html tables (using pear html_table or something similar and perhaps patTemplate) that have dynamic column headings based on the query fields.  I do not want to use the database field names - I'd prefer a user friendly column heading.  Is there a way to do this without having to preload an array with column headings and predefined select statements?

Thanks in advanced,

R

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.