variables pass across several pages

evios

hi, i am the newbie here...i am currently working in php, newbie as well...

i am doing a form, so at the login page i will need a user to login using valid username and password,

the data will then stored in $username and $password. Action of the form link to logincheck.php, here the variables still contain the data. However, link from this page, when i echo it, it seems blank, below will be the code i use:

<div><label>Name:<?php echo $username;?></label><br></div>

i'd tried cookies but in vain. Any clue here? Thanks

Hi

You would need to Validate the data being passed over to the form then store the Data as a session. The session will last until you destroy it using session_destroy() or until the user closes there Browser Window.

<?php
//Start the session, this has to be at the very top of your PHP script, so best to place it on your Index page before any headers are sent 
session_start();

//Get the submitted data from the User
$username = $_POST['username'];

//Error check the user name for Invalid charcters i.e Preg Match I won't put that here im meant to be working 

//Register the session
session_register('username');

//Store The Username
$_SESSION['username'] = $username;

//Now to say output the User name in any script on your site
echo $_SESSION['username'];

?>

Hope this helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.