Passing data with <a href....>

RobertSubnet

Greetings all.

I am using mysql_fetch_array() and a while loop to retrieve data from a MySQL database. The loop is also used to populate an associative array.

I would like to pass the retrieved data to another PHP script, preferably using an anchor tag with an href attribute. Is there a way to do this or am I stuck having to use a form/submit?

Thanks,

~Robert

Depending on how much data, you can pass it via a GET in an <a href> tag, however, the best thing to do would be to get the information from the table again on the second page based on the criteria given to the first page.

Another option is to use sessions.

So lets say I have a URL:

\\mywebsite.com/firstpage.php

In the firstpage.php script, I have a variable, $variable = 10 and I want to pass the value (10) to another script, lets say secondpage.php. Would the link on firstpage.php look like this:

<a href = mywebsite.com/secondpage.php?variable = 10>Click Me</a>

Then to access the $variable value (10) on secondpage.php, I would code it as:

$variable_on_secondpage_php = $_GET['variable'];

Thanks again.

So lets say I have a URL:

\\mywebsite.com/firstpage.php

In the firstpage.php script, I have a variable, $variable = 10 and I want to pass the value (10) to another script, lets say secondpage.php. Would the link on firstpage.php look like this:

<a href = mywebsite.com/secondpage.php?variable = 10>Click Me</a>

Then to access the $variable value (10) on secondpage.php, I would code it as:

$variable_on_secondpage_php = $_GET['variable'];

Thanks again.

yup!

or to make sure the variable (whatever it is is passed),

<a href="mywebsite.com/secondpage.php?variable=<?php echo $variable; ?>">Click Me</a>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.