edit data entry

nec9716

what is the easiest way to edit and database entry ( php sql )

presently on my php page I can enter a new data in a specific table and at the same time that show me all the data in this table

do you think that I can set up radio button on the side of each data ...not sure if my explaination is quite good ...can I send a link to ,my web page here?

Well, given that you're probably only going to be wanting to edit one entry at a time, it would probably be neater to have a link which takes you to a page which allows the user to modify the row.

You will need to pass something in the URL (hopefully you have a unique ID) to identify the row in question. You can then pull the relevant information from the database, and populate a form which the user can edit. Once the form is submitted, you can use an update sql query to change the row.

Does that help?

Frijole thank you for your reply ....first term in PHP ....that a new one for me ...but UPDATE I will remeber that one

ginger robot:

sure that will help ...I just have to figure how to chage my script to set that up ...I will keep you in touch tomorrow I will try that

thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.