Dropdown, checkboxes, text and photos with one submit button

tracy

i would like to see a free tutorial on how to do the following. 

i am willing to study a tutorial that includes all the items described below with one submit button. 

i have not found such a tutorial yet.

if anyone wants to tell me how for free that is fine also.  thanks.

create a one-page form using html and php/mysql including: (all on one page, one submit button)

dropdown menu A with item 1 through item 20, labeled as item1, item2, etc.

dropdown menu B with subitem 1 through subitem 30, labeled as subitem1, subitem2, etc.

dropdown menu C with items populated form mysql tables based on dropdown menu B.

therefore, each subitem from subitem 1 through subitem 30 has its own mysql table in a subitem master database.

once a subitem is selected, the contents from the corresponding table would be displayed in dropdown menu C.

these tables would be called 'subitem1 table' through 'subitem30 table'.

each table would contain 25 rows, labeled as table1row1, table1row2, table1row3, etc...all for table one of course.

table two would contain 25 rows, labeled as table2row1, table2row2, table3row3, etc., etc.

//i know how to do this text box part just not sure if it will work with all the other stuff on this page with one submit button.

there are two text boxes, both limited to six digits (numbers only)

the first text box is text1, the second is text2.

//i know how to do this text box part, just not sure if it will work with all the other stuff on this page with one submit button.

on the same page with all the above there are checkboxes that are available for selection.

all, none or some may be checked.

there are 20 of these choices labeled checkbox1 through checkbox19.

//I know how to do this photo upload/thumbnail part, just not sure if it will work with one submit button on this same page.

finally, photos are uploaded and thumbnailed on the way into the table with the actual photo not saved, only

the thumbnail.  the actual photo not in the table but it's name only and the thumbnails stored in a separate

table or database. 

//I know how to do this photo upload/thumbnail part, just not sure if it will work with one submit button on this same page.

at the bottom of this form page there is a submit button.  once submit is clicked all above selections are sent to a table

called inventory.  each new inventory item or line in this table is 'created' when the submit button is clicked. 

there is an auto increment item number for each item created, obviously.  this will be the unique_id if possible.

while i have looked on the internet for tutorials i have not found one that i understand with all these on the same form.

as far as the mysql inventory table goes it seems to be:

inventory table:

unique_id, dropdownA_selection, dropdownB_selection, dropdownC_selection, textbox1_entry, textbox2_entry,

checkbox1-checkbox20_selection(s)--null is ok (this done this way just to save space and time),

photo1, photo2, photo3, photo4, photo5, photo6 (all photos may be null) plus i would like a column for

date of file creation, a column for date of last alteration of textbox2, and a column for file creation author which

may be hard coded into mysql/phpmyadmin as it will be the same for the entire table.  (all files in this table

that are created using this form will be from the same 'author')...no biggie, i know how to do this i think.

does anyone know of a free tutorial on how to do this all with one form/one submit button? 

as i have looked on the net please don't refer me to a tutorial unless it does all three (dropdowns,

checkboxes and text boxes inserted with one submit button) please.

i have seen the tutorials on one dropdown based on another dropdown selection and on basic insertion.

again, not all the other stuff was included on the same form tutorial.

thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.