php calender help

lJesterl

I have a question and no idea what to do. I'm working on a date booking script. I have booked dates entered into a table. I.e 03/28/2008 or 04/02/2009 if those dates exist then it states $date not available. Here is the code im using. This part works.

$result=mysql_query("SELECT count(*) as numrecords FROM blockeddates WHERE date='$ADate'"); 
$row=mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
if ($row['numrecords'] >= 1){

$isavailable="$ADate Is Not Available";

} else {
$isavailable="$ADate Is Available";
}

$out[main]=$out[main]."

<b>$isavailable</b>
";

Now my problem is that the packes are 3 day vacations. I need to be able to check if they put 04/01/2008 I need to to check dates 04/01/2008, 04/02/2008, and 04/03/2008 to make sure there not booked instead of just 04/01/2008. I have no idea how to do that with getting the year and how many days per month etc. Can anyone help me?

There are a whole bunch of functions the developers of PHP have made available to you. 

Please review the following:

www.php.net/date

www.php.net/mktime

Then have a look at this helpful snippet I am giving to you freshly ripped out of same report I wasted all day on.  It will give you an idead of using those two functions in conjunction with eachother.

$startWeek = date('Y-m-d', mktime(12,0,0,date('m'),date('d')-date('w'),date('Y')));
	$endWeek = date('Y-m-d', mktime(12,0,0,date('m'),date('d')-date('w')+6,date('Y')));

Happy learning...

i've almost got it, i just need to change some things. Here is my code.

if($packagedays=="4 Days 3 Nights"){

$number="3";

}else{

$number="2";

}

$startDate = date("m/d/Y", mktime(0, 0, 0, 3, 30, 2008));
$endDate = date("m/d/Y", mktime(0, 0, 0, 3, 30+$number, 2008));
$i=0;
while ($temp <> $endDate) {
echo " <br> ";
echo $temp = date("m/d/Y", mktime(0, 0, 0, 3, 30+$i, 2008));
echo " <br> ";
$i++;
};

ok I need to make the start date the variable $ADate and the enddate $number days past $ADate

right now on a 3 Day 2 Night Vacation it list

03/30/2008

03/31/2008

04/01/2008

because i have the date in that code set to 03/30/2008 but I need ot the $ADate that im sending from a previous page. Please help

Fantastic! That works and list the days just the way I want them. Here is my code

$result=mysql_query("SELECT count(*) as numrecords FROM blockeddates WHERE date='$ADate'"); 
$row=mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
if ($row['numrecords'] >= 1){

$isavailable="$ADate Is Not Available";

} else {
$isavailable="$ADate Is Available";
}

if($packagedays=="4 Days 3 Nights"){

$number="4";

}else{

$number="3";

}

$Bdate = date('m/d/Y', strtotime("$ADate +$number days"));

$out[main]=$out[main]."

<b>$isavailable</b><br><br>

$starweek<br>
$endweek<br>

$year<br>
$packagename<br>
$pa[price]<br>
$packagedays<br>
$gifts<br>
$ADate - $Bdate
";

Now I need to take this to the last step. Lets say I choose 03/31/2008 This code lists

03/31/2008 - 04/03/2008

Now what I want to accomplish is to check and see if $ADate, $Bdate, and the dates between are in the blockeddates table using what I have. I am able to check $ADate and $Bate but not the dates in between. Any suggestions?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.