Recommend a PHP Qualification?

Fearpig

Zend certification is the only one out there, however the biggest resume booster is prior project contacts and your portfolio and ability to describe how to work out a project to your client.

If you can show a clear way to turn garbage in to garbage out for a client you can get a project 90% of the time with a reasonable bid.

I will say if you can pass zend that you know a ton about php in the "academia sense" however php isn't like your C++ and Java its a more you gotta use it a ton make mistakes and so forth to learn good ways.  I have been writing it for about 2-3 years now and I learn new stuff out of old mistakes every day, very rarely do I learn from the manual, but on my own "what works/what doesn't"

so having zend is "nice", however a strong portfolio always wins IMHO

Thank you guys.  :)

I've been using PHP for site designs for a while now and was after a bit of paper that says that! Also my company is covering the costs so I might as well!!

Incase anyone else is looking I also found this course but I think I'll have a look into this Zend course first:

HoTT:

http://www.traininghott.co.uk/Courses/PHP-Programming-Hands-On-Training-Course-PHP-Class-Seminar-PHP-Script-Language.htm?source=aduk&gclid=CIe5opiOrZICFSOTMAodOg9vqg 

Zend:

http://www.zend.com/en/store/php-training/certification

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.