Registration

Ell20

Hey,

At the moment I have a normnal registration which works fine. However I have now changed things inside the system which means that a name when used in the system is added to the database.

This posses the problem that if the user then decides they wish to sign up the pair need to be matched to prevent having two usernames which are actually the same person.

I have attempted to do this using the Like function in MySQL and have so far managed to get it to display matching names in a drop down box if there are any otherwise the registration goes through as normal. I have now attempted to add buttons under the drop down box to link the details from the registration page to the name in the drop down box however when I press the button I cant get it to work.

This is probably a simple soultion for a good PHP coder but I am still new and learning all the time.

The code for this is quiet long so if anyone is willing to help I would be happy to send the file via email to make things easier.

Really appreciate the help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.