problem displaying php/html code

flunn

Greetings:

I'm trying to use htmlentities() to display html/php code on a web page. It works fine except for one problem: the code is displayed as a single line, but I want line breaks where I have put them in my editor.

Any advice as to how to solve this problem would be much appreciated.

regards to all

from flunn

Thanks to Steve Angelis and PFMaBiSmAd for their replies. I've tried the "<pre>" and the nl2br() ideas, but without success I'm afraid. 

I've also tried a couple of online translators that are supposed to make code friendly for display. They solve part of the problem but if I put in all the code I want to display they generate php errors like ("expecting T_string")

I'm afraid I've got in over my head here. Anyway thanks again to both of you and

regards to all from

flunn

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.