Form function help <select="selected"> from SQL DB

colombian

My basic problem, is that I cannot get the form to keep the values if there is an error on submission.

My forms with local arrays work fine, and basically go like this:

function time_hour($hour) {
$hours = range(1,12);
global $hour; //the form element name
foreach ($hours as $h) {
     if $h == $hour) { $selected = "select='selected'";}
     else { $selected = ""; }

echo "<option value ='{$h}' {$selected}>{$h}</option>";
}

I don't have the code with me, but that is overall how it goes, and it works just fine. However, when I am trying it with values with the MySQL database, I just can't figure out how to get it to work.

I can get the values fine, and display them fine, I just can't get the select to change appropriately after submission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I apologize for not having the specific non working code here with me, it's at work. But basically I query the database, and try to use a foreach $row as $value command and use something similar to the sample above, but it just refuses to keep those values.

Thanks in advance.

I have been working on this for a while without luck, and it should* be easy =/

Any links with good PHP form function could also help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.