phpMyAdmin using old php client version

writer

The client is built into PHP, not phpMyAdmin. Try upgrading PHP. You also may be able to get away with just upgrading the mysql extension and not all of PHP.

For further help, please supply what Operating System and PHP version you are using.

I ended up devolving my MYSQL install back to 4.11.whatever to match what phpMyAdmin was looking for -- and as I looked further into the problem, that seems to be the only solution. phpMyAdmin does not release single updates to their phplib file.

Eventually, I needed database functions that were only in MYSQL 5, and upgraded back. At the end of the day, I guess my conclusion is this: It's a problem, but it's not a problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.