Imagemagick installation troubles.

Hello all.

I am trying to install imagemagic php extension under WampServer 2.

- I've downloaded and installed ImageMagick from here. I've chosen ImageMagick-6.4.0-1-Q16-windows-dll.exe

- I've downloaded the php extension from here. I've chosen the php-5.2.1 one.

- I've moved the dll extension I just downloaded to C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\ext\

- I've altered php.ini (accessed it through wamp tray icon > right-click > PHP > php.ini) and added "extension=php_imagick.dll", without the quotes, to the extensions lists.

- I restarted Apache. Not noticing the extension displayed on the PHP extensions list from the tray icon, I restarted the wampserver. ImageMagick extensions now shows enabled on the list.

However, I cannot use it. Doing a quick test returns "Fatal error: Class 'Imagick' not found". phpinfo() doesn't report it, and checking the PHP error log reveals this:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/ext/php_imagick.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

What am I doing wrong? I'm noticing the unix-like forward slashes. However I'm not sure what to do of it. Is this the reason?

Thanks wildteen.

There's none for imagick and I didn't bother to look for MagicWand either. It turns out I was seeing this all wrong and I don't need a php extension. I can write my own, if needed, be as long as have exec() rights to convert.

My host provides this. As such, my local wamp installation just needs ImageMagick, wich I already installed. And is working perfectly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.