Need help with if/then statement

sc123

This is going to be very basic, but I can't figure it out!  With the following code I'm simply trying to use "code A" if the user is anywhere under the /wp directory (Wordpress) and "code B" if they aren't.  If anyone has suggestions on how to make this code work or make it better please feel free!

<?php if ($path == "http://www.sitename.com/wp") : ?>

<?php 
  define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);   
?>

<?php else : ?>

<?php 
  require('./wp/wp-blog-header.php');   
?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php 
  if ($path == "http://www.sitename.com/wp") 
   {
   }
   else
   {
   }
?>

Your code is much cleaner, thanks!  It didn't work though as it still causes problems when browsing the wordpress part of the site.  For example, if I use the following code:

...the rest of the site works as intended, but if I want to use the /wp part of the site correctly I can only use the following code:

The if/then statement would seem to perform this task, but for some reason it doesn't.

I don't know if I'd use strcmp.  I'd be more inclined to go with egregi.

www.php.net/eregi

But for reference purposes, you can find info on strcmp here:

www.php.net/strcmp

EDIT:  I almost forgot to say WHY I'd use eregi instead.  With strcmp, the two strings have to be EXACTLY the same.  What happens if the user types in "www.sitename.com/wp" or "HTTP://WWW.SITENAME.COM/wp"? or some other variation?  you can deal with that using eregi.

You're right in that they often won't be the same - also, what if there are looking at a WP post, then the path would be ./wp/?p=#.  That's why I need something that can handle everything below the /wp dir.  How could I use eregi to do that with this if/then?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.