[SOLVED] addslashes and \n - I don't want them removed!

netphreak

Indeed. But it's not working in my original script!

But I have found the problem. I still don't know how to fix it, but that's another war.

It's a javascript. I hate javascripts. But who can do without them? It's called tinymce, a wysiwyg editor for textareas. Somehow it must be doing it's own escaping. When turning this script off, it works like a charm.

I am truly sorry to trouble you with this non-php related issue, but I seriously thought it was php related... Obviously I should also have mentioned the script, but it didn't cross my mind that it could have anything to do with this.

Thank you so much for all your help - it could have taken me several more days to figure it out by myslef (I'm kind of slow, I know).

That's it then! The magic_quotes settings :)

I was unsure as to what to look at. Awesome GingerRobot.

I probably should turn them off on my localhost xampp installation. But unfortunately I've just checked and it will not reproduce my production environment at my webhost. (which btw they should have off from what I've read on PHP manual).

I too was becoming curious with this. Learned something new today. Best of luck with that javascript Netphreak.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.