Php Spider and search question

Imad

Hi Guys, I always wanted to play around with a world wide web search script. I want to see want I can come up with for better relevancy and speed. Does anyone know any free search and spider scripts that spider the www?

Best Regards.

Your need to design your own web site example a link web site that provides users to post there web site on...

Once your web site has been indexed via a search engine then your web site can spider there links........

The way you index all the users links is via a database in any prefrence you wont.........

Anyone that designs a web site to index other web sites needs to get there web site indexed first via a search engine.

the only other way to get users to spider from your web site and not main stream search engines is to tell the main search engines no to follow your web site on there search engines then your need to create your own web site campain like email advertising..........

but in essance your web site will be added even if you dont add it to main stream web sites.

for example if a user was to talk about your www. website in a forum not related to your web site a search engine will place the users entry from that forum on a main search engine.

Never mind about the question above. I have a great idea in search relevancy since I use to develop search engines without spiders though. Time to begin developing a web search to see what I can come up with.  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.