running out of quotes

quickstopman

here i have a statement

and im running out "'s ''s \'s \"s

heres the statement

$.facebox('<form name="editTable"><p><h3>Edit Paragraph Style:</h3>Style: <select name="style1"><option value="border:#000 solid 3px;">Black 3 pixel border</option></select><br /><input type=\'submit\' onclick=\'$.facebox.close(); wrapTag("<p style=\'" + style1 +"\'>","</p>", document.forms.source.source_code); return false;\'></form></p>');

i have no idea whats happening because now the function doesn't work!!!

anyone know how to fix this? ???

Thanks!

-Zack

I can't really tell for sure what your function does without seeing the actual code, but this could be a problem

$.facebox.close(); wrapTag("<p style=\'" + style1 +"\'>","</p>", document.forms.source.source_code); return false;

(the onclick event)

simply, make a function that will run all these functions and use that function in the onclick event instead.

You have some quotes wrong. Try this:

$.facebox('<form name="editTable"><p><h3>Edit Paragraph Style:</h3>Style: <select name="style1"><option value="border:#000 solid 3px;">Black 3 pixel border</option></select><br /><input type="submit" onclick="$.facebox.close(); wrapTag(\'<p style="' + style1 + '">\',\'</p>\', document.forms.source.source_code); return false;"></form></p>');

ok, i see what i was doing wrong, not the problem is that the function isn't even working...

heres the function's code:

function wrapSpecialTag (tag) {
       if (tag == 'table') {
	$.facebox('<form name="editTable"><p><h3>Edit Paragraph Style:</h3>Style: <select name="style1"><option value="border:#000 solid 3px;">Black 3 pixel border</option></select><br /><input type="submit" onclick="$.facebox.close(); wrapTag(\'<p style="' + style1 + '">\',\'</p>\', document.forms.source.source_code); return false;"></form></p>');
       }
}

Help would be nice.

-Zack

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.