Confused

westminster86

I have a page with several links(myaccount.php). One of which is a link that allows the user to change his/her email address and password. So, if the user clicks the link, there taken to the changeemail.php page which displays a form for the user to fill in. The forms action is set to myaccount.php page. If for instance the user fails to enter information into all the fields, and clicks the submit button, an error message is displayed on the myaccount.php page. My problem is that it is displaying the links as well as the error message. I want it to just to display the error message.

Wouldn't it be easier to have chageemail.php deal with the form?

You can work out what information to display using the isset() function. For example:

<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit']){
//where submit is the name given to the relevant submit button.
//process form
}else{
//show form
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.