6 replies to this topic

#1 smallc28

smallc28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I would suggest adding an email alert system for when someone replies you an post you've created .... Lets say Billy posted a problem about his tables aren't working in html...Once someone reply to Billy's topic that reply then gets filtered to Billy's email address verifying him that someone has left an post on his topic..... that way Billy gets the help he needs so he doesn't have to do this to his pc because his codes aren't working right lol :hammer_time:

Edited by smallc28, 30 November 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#2 Pikachu2000

Pikachu2000

I hate everything.

• Staff Alumni
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationFuture Independent Republic of Texas

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

In Profile --> Settings --> Notifications there are options on how to be notified, and what notifications to receive. There's also an option to follow every thread you reply in. If you don't want to be notified by default, there should be a "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right of each thread, but I believe you still have to at least choose the notification method in your profile settings.
"Java" is to "Javascript" about the same as "fun" is to "funeral".

Why $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] is bad. || Why ORDER BY RAND() is bad || Every problem can be solved with rm -rf *

Random Quote: "

#3 Rollin45

Rollin45

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

OK. I got the answer. But My question is literally opposite. Kindly tell me how can I block Notifications alerts emails.. I visit the forum after every week, So that I can check my notifications and messages.. I didn't need to receive emails.. Kindly tell me the ans. I'll appreciate your ans.. Thanks

#4 Jessica

Jessica

This is not my name.

• Gurus
  • 8,982 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

In Profile --> Settings --> Notifications there are options on how to be notified, and what notifications to receive.

My goal in replying to posts is to help you become a better programmer, including learning how to debug your own code and research problems. For that reason, rather than posting the solution, I reply with tips and hints on how to find the solution yourself. See below for useful links when you get stuck.

How to Get Good Help: How to Ask Questions | Don't be a help vampire
Debugging Your Code: Debugging your SQL | What does a php function do? | What does a term mean? | Don't see any errors?
Things You Should Do: Normalize Your Data | use print_r() or var_dump()
Lulz: "Functions should not have side effects." - trq

Please take a look at my new PHP/Web Dev blog: The Web Mason - Thanks!!

#5 Rollin45

Rollin45

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

OK. I got the answer. But My question is literally opposite. Kindly tell me how can I block Notifications alerts emails.. I visit the forum after every week, So that I can check my notifications and messages.. I didn't need to receive emails.. Kindly tell me the ans. I'll appreciate your ans.. Thanks

http://www.duplichecker.com/ | http://www.genemedics.com | http://www.contentarcade.com/

#6 Philip

Philip

Phailip

• Administrators
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

In the same place you set to receive it... ;)

#7 norman912

norman912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Fells good to hear that the problem is solved :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com