#1 justlukeyou

justlukeyou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi,

Has anyone gifted/donated money to projects on KickStarter or IndieGogo.

I think they are brilliant sites which are helping people to launch innovative ideas but I cant help think that they are fads and within a few years people will only use them to fund the best and most innovative projects.

Any views on this?

#2 kicken

kicken

Wiser? Not exactly.

• Gurus
  • 2,576 posts
  • LocationBonita, FL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I've contributed to two different campaigns on IndieGoGo:
 - Let's Build a Goddamn Tesla Museum
 - StickNFind- Bluetooth Powered ultra small Location Stickers

I don't regularly go there and seek out things to contribute too but sometimes I hear about something and decide I like it. 

As for their future, their volume may decrease a bit as the coolness wares off but I wouldn't consider them a fad really, and I think they will be around for quite a while.  For as many projects as I have seen that seem like crap there are just as many that I find interesting.  Whether or not I actually contribute anything depends mostly on how much I would like said project to succeed and whether or not I happen to have spare funds at the time.

Recycle your old CD's, don't trash them!
Did I help you out?  Feeling generous? I accept tips via Paypal or Bitcoin @ 14mDxaob8Jgdg52scDbvf3uaeR61tB2yC7

#3 justlukeyou

justlukeyou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

I think this is a great idea. Isn't the amount of food consumption due to double over the next 50 years. Anything which help meet demand has to be good.

http://www.kickstart...for-your-garden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com