Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


kicken last won the day on April 2

kicken had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

579 Excellent

1 Follower

About kicken

  • Rank
    Wiser? Not exactly.

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Bonita, FL
  • Age

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It sounds like you might just need to re-consider your design. If it's the client that's interested in whatever this change is, the typical solution to this is to just have the client make a request periodically. One name for this is Ajax Polling. You make an Ajax request to your change detection script. The script will check for the change in a loop and return when a change is detected. You could wait 30 minutes, but it's more typical to wait 30-sec to a minute then return a "No changes" response. This way your web-server's available threads don't get used up waiting. If th
  2. You need to call session_start() before you use any $_SESSION variable. That function looks up the stored session data and populates $_SESSION.
  3. I downloaded your code and added that attribute and it seemed to be working fine after that. You need to add it to both the CSP and the iframe's sandbox attribute.
  4. What if 5 different users want to make the folder "puppy"? Do you just mix all their files in that folder? What if their files are also all named "cutest.jpg"? Whoever uploads last gets the spot? That's one of the main reasons I just always generate a random name for the actual storage system of uploaded content. You don't have to deal with conflicting names. I generally just do something simple like: $ext = pathinfo($originalName, PATHINFO_EXTENSION); $newName = bin2hex(random_bytes(8)) . '.' . $ext; If I want to serve the files directly. If I serve them via a script instead
  5. This may be your issue MDN: <iframe>: The Inline Frame element Try adding allow-same-origin to your sandbox attribute.
  6. I'd suggest you try re-encoding the file, maybe in another format, and see if it helps. Light web searching suggests your issue is just that there is no duration metadata available and also suggests that may be somewhat common for .ogg in particular.
  7. If you're initially seeing Infinity then it sounds like whatever media you're trying to play just doesn't have any duration information encoded into it. MDN says (emphsis added): As such, I imagine it's updating the duration as it loads the file which is why you see the increasing time. If this is a file that should have a fixed duration, then maybe it just needs to be re-encoded with that information? I'm not really familiar with OGG or media file formats in general. You could try the loadedmetadata event, but it sounds like it may not help.
  8. You don't await anything, you use the durationchange event. audio.addEventListener('durationchange', function(){ console.log('Duration changed'); setDuration(audio.duration); });
  9. Make the function a named function, function saveRows(){ //... } Then just reference it in both places. Pass a reference to it for your event handler $(document.body).on('click', '#save_rows', saveRows); And call it in your other location. saveRows();
  10. Do you mean uploading via PHP? Have to properly verified that the upload was successful? Maybe the upload is failing for that one file (too large?) and so you end up with $file referencing something that doesn't exist.
  11. You need to send the name of the button also. Use the browsers dev tools or something like Fiddler to inspect all the requests being made and re-create the ones you need as closely as possible.
  12. Databases don't have a concept of order when inserting data. The data is stored in whatever location it will fit. You can only define an order when you're reading data back out of the database using a SELECT query and you do that by using an ORDER BY clause in your query. So if you want your data to display in a specific order, you MUST change your query to include an ORDER BY clause that specifies the ordering you want.
  13. It doesn't matter where in the table the data is stored. When you query your data you want to specify an ORDER BY clause to define what order it will be returned in. If you want the records to display in the order the were added, make sure you have a field that records what date and time the record was added and sort by that field.
  14. Unknown. I just tried again and this time it connected successfully. So either your Arduino was simply off when I tried before, or the request is only sometimes blocked. The fact that it is working now but wasn't before means it's possible you have a problem in your Arduino code. Are you using a library to handle the TCP/IP stuff and HTTP stuff or is it custom? You'll need to spend some time analyzing your setup trying to determine why there are connection problems. If it's possible to SSH into your external bluehost server that would be helpful as you could SSH in and t
  15. Like Barand, it times out for me also. The remote host does not respond to the the connection attempt. Wireshark shows all the outgoing SYN packets but no replies. Sounds like you have a networking issue. Either your port forwarding/firewall configuration is not setup properly or your ISP may be blocking the port. If you're fairly sure your forward/firewall is correct try different port numbers.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.