payments script & seach script info

Destramic

hey guys im really just after a bit of help/information on 2 things (hope its in the right forum).

1. basically I'm wanting to make payments from one account to another online...like paypal does...im wondering what I would need to do to be able to do this if anyone can shine some light please?

2.as seen on google you type in a query in the search bar and it generates sentences/keywords from a database

example:

so if product "chair" was in the database

whilst typing "ch" it would show "chair" for a possible match

I know it would in tale sql & json but im after a good tutorial/script of some sort.

if anyone can help with some information/sites it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

1. basically I'm wanting to make payments from one account to another online...like paypal does...im wondering what I would need to do to be able to do this if anyone can shine some light please?

That is a broad question. Do you want to link bank accounts? Do you want to maintain a balance for each user? There are legal issues. Paypal got banking licenses in Europe. How do you intend to get money in and out of your system?

2.as seen on google you type in a query in the search bar and it generates sentences/keywords from a database

You need to use Ajax. If you Google "search completion ajax" you'll find examples.

thank you...basically I want to transfer money just between one user and another and that's it...obviously I'd have to get a banking licence for that country

eg.

user 1 transfers £20.00 to user 2

Edited by Destramic

$query="UPDATE balances SET balance = balance - $amount WHERE user-id='$from_id'";
$result= mysqli_query($link,$query);
if (!$result){
//error handling here
}
$query="UPDATE balances SET balance = balance + $amount WHERE user-id='$to_id'";$result= mysqli_query($link,$query);
if (!$result){
//error handling here
}
$query="INSERT INTO transactions ('from_id', 'to_id', 'amount) VALUES ('$from_id', '$to_id', $amount)"; 
if (!$result){
//error handling here
}

You'll need to add timestamps, etc. I'm assuming you're using MySQL. You need a lot more specifications to make this meaningful. Might want to check that they have the money in their account first unless you offer unlimited overdrafts.

Edited by davidannis

I'm not sure if im explaining myself very well here but basically user 1 and user 2 will have bank details saved to a secure database.

what I want to do is transfer a amount of money from one user to another users bank account (HSBC, Halifax etc...)

is there a good tutorial on how I could do this?

I'm not sure if im explaining myself very well here but basically user 1 and user 2 will have bank details saved to a secure database.

what I want to do is transfer a amount of money from one user to another users bank account (HSBC, Halifax etc...)

is there a good tutorial on how I could do this?

No, because there are laws involved. It's not the kind of thing you want to get into without having a good financial lawyer and a copy of your country's banking software requirements (there's usually various forms of compliance you'll need your system to adhere to). It's not something you should think you can just code up on a whim. Bank accounts, in particular, are tightly regulated. More so than credit cards.

This has Bad Idea written all over it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.