php get current time

Issam

Hi;

I would like to get the current timestamp but the question is that i want to get the real time which is the machine bios time that can't change by the server administrator and not the server time which can be modified to any value.

Thanks

Hi hansford;

Does the function time() is independent no matter what timezone the server is using and no matter which time the server is running on right ?

Thanks

I would imagine that all the date-related functions in PHP functions will be dependent of the time zone set on the server. The time() function, for example, provides different output based on the time zone.

<?php
print '<div>' . date('H:i:s', time()) . '</div>';

date_default_timezone_set('Africa/Abidjan');

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Helsinki');
?>

If you are trying to get the time from the user's machine, you could look into using a client-side language like JavaScript.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.