Accessibility for each file depending on position declared

surveen

Hello All,

I have designed a small php module Which has more than 80 .php files. I want to give the access level for all those files through a global access.php file. But i am not getting how it can be developed. I made a table in database which has all the scripts name. When those are checked value 1 it has to be visible for those users who come under a perticular position like MD, CEO, Sales Manager etc. Here is my table structure

post-173769-0-24977300-1417588501_thumb.jpg

and i tried doing like this 

if($_SESSION['pos']=='admin')
{
echo "<h1> SORRY YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS </h1>";
}
else
{
// file contents...
}

But this will become manual and also for single position ie 'admin'. 

Can somebody show me the path how it has to be structured and how these accessibility can be done.

Thanks 

You could associate a number with the position (usually called a 'role') and then decide permissions based on that number. For instance, if role 'admin' has a level of 1000 and role 'CEO' has a level of 900, then a page with an access level of 950 will be viewable to admin users but not CEO users. Something like this:

$pageAccessLevel = $queryResults['access_level'];
$userLevel = $_SESSION['role_level'];
if($pageAccessLevel > $userLevel){
	print("<p>You have insufficient rights to view this page. Begone!</p>");
	die();
}
// rest of page script...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.