Help code registration+login+members area

prot4gonist

I'm not sure what you're asking for. The concept is pretty straightforward.

Use sessions to track a user between requests. If the session has no record of a successful login stored within it, redirect users to a login page.

For information on how to properly handle passwords with PHP and store/recall them with a database, check out the article in my signature.

registration & login processes need to be unique to an application and not found inside some copy / paste tutorial.

There are great pre-built classes out there. Obscurity doesn't add security.

That said, there's also a LOT of bad advice out there as well.

Obscurity doesn't add security.

Sure most cars all start by turning a key, but what the car's computer does once the car is started is completely unique. 

What I'm saying is it's not about obscurity, it's about designing the process for one's application.  There's a lot of stuff that can happen during the log-on process that an application uses.  I don't think this is something resolved by using prebuilt-anything.

Sure most cars all start by turning a key, but what the car's computer does once the car is started is completely unique. 

That's what /dev/urandom is for. Make your system cryptographically random, and each 'key' on any system becomes pretty unique.

A key analogy is bad anyways. The dealership always has to be able to replicate any given key due to loss. You DON'T want this behaviour with a password

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.