Yet another ShoutBox

lewis987

Aight... i have been coding this for a short while... (well about 2 weeks)... like the title says... its just another shoutbox... but its got a difference... im not gonna spoil it so take a look:

Here ya go

Please do all the normal XSS and SQL injection hacks you can think of so i can try and stop them... yes the colors need sorting but that will be the last thing on the adgender...

thanks for testing it! (if you do..)

Damn, cant edit...

anyway... im not going to post code as there is over 8 different pages of code! so if there is a problem with something, just say here an i will make it perfect... well... try to anyway

You can't register. Every time you do you get no error messages, and when you try to login you get an error saying "User doesnt exist!".

I was able to login with the username test and password as test, but now that isn't working either.

aight... i dunno what the problem with the register script is... ill take a look... and i just deleted the user "test"... so thats the reason you got kicked from it

//Edit:

Can't find any error of the register script here. Very strange... Do you get the login box???

aight... sorry but i cant keep my PC on 24/7 and getting a server isnt an option at the minute, got too mucht o pay for... literally...

and ill keep it online for as long as possible! il see if i caN set up some free hosting for the time being...

Your "CAPTCHA" is weak.

I got this:

Enter: " x b q f m o " into the box below

That can be pretty easily be broken using something like this:

preg_match('#Enter: "([a-z ]+)" into the box below#', $pageSource, $matches);
$captcha = str_replace(' ', '', $matches[1]);

The register script doesn't seem to work and provides no feedback on the submitted data.

aight... well i never really put much effort into the register script... so yea... its going to be weak! and your the second person to say that :S but it works all ok here on opera and safari and IE...

ok... fixed majority of bugs i found... and i have added access type into the create chat room, so now you can set it to only allow users you invite.

Another thing is, the invite function doesnt work as of yet, but it is oon going too... i have a few things to add onto the main page where the shoutbox is kept to allow the user to view all recent invites and choose what one to accept!

Fixes and optimizations:

Power users is now 100% functional aswell... only i get that privellege :P.

AJAX side seems to be working well... (fixed bug that coreye found where you can execute your own shouts into the shoutbox from "data.php").

Smilies and BBCode is now fully supported but not yet added to the database.

Password support for open chats is now more effiecent.

Invite function is now partial functional...

Todo:

Layout and design has yet to be completed.

I am getting:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/scoop987/public_html/shoutbox/config.php on line 27

Cannot connect to database

ok unidox, that error is fixed, i forgot to re-edit the config file...

and for helraizer

my host doesnt support GD :( so i need to think of a new way of making a captcha image...

Ah, you could always use Perl or similar. Alternatively, ask a question, that's again random (changes each time) - like A horse has .... legs - and have the user type in 'four' or something, but have it change.

Sam

yea i know about those types... but ive asked my host to enable it, so hopefully it will be... but i will add a little bit of code in the reg script to check if the GD library is enabled or not and load the right captcha...

its posting shouts here... its the onsubmit part of my code that isnt working... i have to try in FF and IE, but i know that in safari, if you hit enter it doesnt work...

and for the captcha image... its all good :D GD has been enabled... at long last...

now just to finish of the invitation system

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.