Joomla - JooBB. PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, I have tried for about 3 says now and I am just wasting mytime. After looking into the coding, I relized there is no way to do this by editting a single code/page.

I need my JooBB forum to open in a page of it's own. My Joomla template would be fine, if only I could remove the Left/Right nav menus on the page(s) that my forum is displayed on.

Can anyone please help me cuzz I have no idea what to do. I tried everything I thought would work.

The biggest problem is... I cant specify a certain setting, location or file to edit, also, the forum aint built in a iFram, it is directly added to the mainframe of my Joomla Template. I cant even modify the section menu displayers cause it has it's own (Uneditable) section.

Whoever made this script surly did this on purpose, cause every way I look at it, it is sealed off.

Thanks for any advise you can put forward. I really need this help.

if you just want to hide the extra columns when looking at the Forum, you can edit your template

if ($_REQUEST['option'] != com_FORUM) {

mos display column(forget exact code)

}

if you approach with an open mind and remain persistent then you can always figure out a way to accomplish your goal

can't remember off the top of my head,

it's the same mos command used to load the module location you want to affect

something like mosLoadMod ( 'right' ) {this is not correct but it's close}

check your template index.php for the specific line,

if you need help getting it done send me a PM and I can alter the template, have to charge a little for the time though

Yes... That's fine... I think... or at least I hope, that I know what to do... I simply crack open the template php code, then find a line that opens specific modules, then copy and paste that code into Notepad, then modify it to load jooBB instead. But my remaining problem is... I can get JooBB to load properly, i just DONT want the other modules to accompany it. something like this...

if { moduleLoad('joobb');

exit(modules(*.*));

} else {

// do nothing

}

I know this aint real code, but you get the idea...  I currently have about 5 posts going in all support systems and forums I know, lol. I'd have thought this would have been covered somewhere but turns out JooBB aint that well-known.

I give this a go, It would be good if I could kinda get my JooBB to open in a popup/_blank window, this way it stays integrated with user DB, but has all the space it needs at the same time.

Anyway, enough of my chatter, cheers for your help... I leave this post open, if I fix this, I post the steps in order to help others.

Cyall.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.