User classification conundrum

twsowerby

Hey All,

I've got a bit of a conundrum on my hands so was wondering if you could help.

I'm building a recommendation system for a holiday villa booking website. Rather than just being a rating based recommender, I am doing it based on the link between similar users and their villa interests.

So a recommendation could be made by looking at user 1's personal details and the villas they have shown an interest in on the website, and then comparing their profile to user 2 and 3.

To do this I need to find a way of classifying the users based on their attributes, but I'm struggling to think of a good way to classify them. I would like the classification to take into account more than one attribute, so I don't want them to just be classified by age, for example. What I need to end up with is different user classifications that each user can be put into.

I'm open to any suggestions or ideas, and feel free to ask me for more information.

Regards,

Tom