time scheduling

jpratt

I am building a scheduling ap for someone. Does anyone know of a class already made to do this? So for instance an instructor puts down they are available from 2-6pm one evening and a student makes an appointment for 3-4pm, so it would have to be able to reserve that time yet make available 2-3pm and 4-6 for the teacher. Anyone seen this before? Thanks.

It depends how you are breaking up the sessions.  Are they in hour sessions?  Do they vary in length?

It would be much easier to break the sessions into some predetermined length.  Then all you have to do is use a database to enter the info.  For this kind of thing, you would probably want a table with different rows for different days and different columns for each segment of time).  Then enter a Y or N for available and use that to make your ap.

Not sure if you have solved your problem, so I created a rough idea of what I think you are looking to acomplish. It obviously can be greatly refinded, but it may be a starting point for you and for others who are seeking to create a scheduling/booking system.

The example is here: http://www.nstoia.com/schedule/

there is a zip file that contains everything needed to run the demo.

Lite...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.