extracting large image from mysql

aboallam

Another reason to not store files in a database  :o

Databases are for storing data that you need to manipulate, sort, compare... Databases are not file storage engines (but file systems are) and in fact, since databases are stored in files in the file system, storing a file in a database is just putting one file inside of another. This just adds overhead and slows everything down.

iam sorry for that but that is what happend with me .

now i can store large image in mysql database such as 7MB image ,but when i try to extract it, it dont appeare to me but small image appeare

and i changed the max_allowed_packet to 32m in my.ini file and open mysql command line client, and write

show variableslike 'max%'; it show me that max_allowed_packet =33553408

and i search in net about this problem but i did not found any thing please any one help me as fast as possible

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.