Creating subdomain and redirecting

Mil1243

hello guys,

i need help about this issue:

i have a site (www.mydomain.com) and i want to create a subdomain for each of user who register(www.user.mydomain.com) and user.mydomain.com) and each user enter a URL (www.example.com) and a TITLE that when he visit his subdomain (www.user.mydomain.com  and  user.mydomain.com), it should redirect him to the URL (www.example.com) with the TITLE that he entered before, I think it is not redirecting because we are using a new URL with new TITLE, maybe it is fetching or something.so there is 2 problem:

1- how to create subdomains automatically.

2- how to redirect with the user specification.

thank u in advance,

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_vhost_alias.html

I have not configured this myself. Basically if the following folder structure is created, a vhost will work straight away:

/srv/vhost/sitename1

/srv/vhost/sitename2

Once the above folder structure is made, the following vhosts would work immediately:

www.sitename1.host.com

www.sitename2.host.com

You'll have to do the rest yourself :)

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.