Amend Table query question

psychowolvesbane

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with creating an Amend table script that also involves adding new fields into the table being amended to.

I have a ShopCart table with these fields

CustID

ProductID

NUSDiscount

OrderDate

OrderQuantity

and a table called OrderDetails that has the fields:

OrderID

CustID

ProductID

NUSDiscount

ProdTitle

ProdPrice

ProdQuantity

What I need is the fields CustID, ProductID, NUSDiscount, and OrderQuantity from the ShopCat table amended to the OrderDetails table based on the php variable $CustID (which you don't need to worry about) and then being able to hopefully in the same query string add the OrderID from another variable called $OrderID also obtained earlier. I will deal with the rest of the table later, it's just this amend part I need dealt with and I don't know how to do that with an INSERT as well.

P.S. OrderQuantity is the same as ProdQuantity.

Well this is a shopping cart for a e-commerce site that I'm building. The shopping cart will only temporarily hold the details until the checkout, then they will be amended into the OrderDetails table but they will have a unique OrderNo added to each, so OrderNo, ProdID and CustID instead of just the last 2 in the shopping cart table.

Well this is a shopping cart for a e-commerce site that I'm building. The shopping cart will only temporarily hold the details until the checkout, then they will be amended into the OrderDetails table but they will have a unique OrderNo added to each, so OrderNo, ProdID and CustID instead of just the last 2 in the shopping cart table.

What I don't understand is why you have to put all of this in the same table.

Not sure what you want to do but it seems all you need is either a temp table that can store CustID, ProductID, NUSDiscount, and OrderQuantity from the ShopCat and the OrderID. Once you are done with the transaction just select the record details from the temp table and insert them into your orders or whatever table and delete the temp entries.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.