Search box advanced

Snatch

Hi,

I am able to create a search box using PHP that references a mysql database. I am wondering though, how would I integrate it into a navigation bar? Like the one on apples site for example? Could anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial please?

Apologies if this hasn't been posted in the correct thread.

Thanks in advance!

Modify the auto-completion a little bit.  Look at Apple's.  It's basically a spruced-up auto-completion box, right? On my site, the search users box is just like Apple's, actually.  It provides links to a user's profile if they're in the search terms and it groups them by similarity, and it groups them by user-level.  Play around with the code.

I'm not sure if we've got out wires crossed? I'm not looking to make an auto complete search box, just how to implement a normal search box into a navigation bar?

All the auto completion tutorials i'm looking at don't explain this.

Ok thanks. I'm planning on designing the navbar in photoshop. Does anyone know any tutorials that will show me how to put the form in the navbar?

O_O

<form action="search.php" method="post"><input type="text" size="10" maxlength="30"></form>

Then they can hit Return to send the form in.  Or you can put a submit button.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.