tip the cart out

mrheff

hi guys,

i got a wee problem, i made a wee shop for my bro, and were nearly done managed to scrape by with some ok coding to a point  im fairly happy. now were using a real simple payment system called Ideal its a dutch thing, anyway i have a simple checkout created that works through setting up saome variables in a form on my site and sending the user to that Ideal system (on the press of a buton named pay with ideal), that system then takes over taking the user to their bank site to review and confirm payment.. and then sends me a mail phew glad i got all that out....

what i need to do is intercept the form somehow to empty the cart. any ideas lads and ladies? i just dont want the user to have to empty their arrival on return to the site., like ive refilled their cart so i figure i need to switch the cart to an order save that in me db and empty all rows containing their cartid from the carts/basket db just canney figure it oot cap'n.

any ideas would be greatly accepted.

ta.

does the ideal site not offer a redirection on completion of transaction???

So when the user has paid they are redirected back to your site with either a complete or failed note - you can then use that to display a congrats page and clear out the cart or an error page stating the payment failed.

Waiting ion the email could cause you problems - you could check the inbox for emails from ideal and clear carts when the users order number is detected - but email CAN take a while to get through....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.