<OL>/<LI> Alignment Issue

xProteuSx

I hope I can make someone understand what the problem is ... its 1 am and I am crashing hard.  The whole problem is that this snippet really does not like the <ol type="a"> outside of the 'while' loop.  What I am trying to do is, say the array has 4 variables, I would like a., b., c., and d., to appear to the left of the <input type="radio" name="answer" value="' . $value . '"> button(s).  Now, I am getting something there, but I am getting 0., 0., 0., and 0. instead of the letters.

Please help!!!!  Thanks in advance.

echo '<center>';
echo '<form action="mark_spec.php">';
echo '<ol type="a">';

while (list($key,$value) = each($answers_array))
{
echo '<table width="400" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">';
echo '<tr>';
echo '<td valign="top">';
echo '<li>';
echo '<font size="-1"> <input type="radio" name="answer" value="' . $value . '"></font>';
echo '</td>';
echo '<td valign="top">';
echo '<font size="-1">' . $value . '</font>';
echo '</li>';
echo '</td>';
echo '</tr>';
echo '</table>';
}

echo '</ol>';
echo '<input type="submit" value="Check Answer">';
echo '</form>';
echo '</center>';

that is because type is a deprecated attribute of the ol tag - just give it a class or an id to style it instead.

ol should contain li elements NOT TABLES - TABLES ARE FOR TABULAR DATA.

on a slightly different point - don't scared of breaking out of php - it can really help you see things better AND improve efficiency...

Now - I don't like you html but that is another matter but you code could be written like so

<center>
<form action="mark_spec.php">
<ol type="a">
<?php
while (list($key,$value) = each($answers_array))
{
?>
  <table width="400" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
   <tr>
    <td valign="top">
     <li>
      <font size="-1"> <input type="radio" name="answer" value="' . $value . '"></font>';
    </td>
    <td valign="top">
     <font size="-1"><?php echo  $value; ?></font> 
    </li>
    </td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php
}
?>									
</ol>
<input type="submit" value="Check Answer"> 
</form>
</center>

Now please go an produce some html that actually means something - I can see wat you are trying to do - suffice to say you are not going the right way about it - have a go at producing VALID and MEANINGFUL markup and then we might be able to help you a little more...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.